Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Explore NHL Player Stats from 2010-11 Season: Official Entry for Tableau Sports Data Viz Contest (1 of 2)

When I was younger, I loved choose your own adventure books.  However, I always got peeved when I wanted to choose an option that the book did not make available to me.  Or that several of the paths in the book seemed to have the same ending.  Well, now that I am older and am in control of the "story" I will let you choose which path to take in order to determine your own ending.  Choose your stats to mash-up. Choose how you want to view the players in the chart.  Highlight teams, players, or positions.  Or drill down to look at specific divisions or teams.

This visualization might seem intense, but if you take some time and choose your path wisely, you'll find that there are a wide variety of endings to choose from.  I had a lot of fun making it and even more fun playing with it.  Let me know what sorts of interesting tidbits you get as a result.





No comments:

Post a Comment